Symptoms of a periodontal abscess are very similar to that of a periapical abscess
• Localised gum swelling; red and tender to touch
• Persistent, throbbing pain
• Tooth sensitive to heat and pressure during chewing
• Tooth with increased mobility
• Pus discharge (foul-smelling and foul-tasting fluid) if the abscess ruptures
If you have a toothache or notice evidence of an abscess on your gum, visit your dentist. Even if the abscess drains and the pain decreases, a visit to the dentist for complete treatment is crucial.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
SHP-Head Office, 167 Jalan Bukit Merah Connection One (Tower 5), #15-10, Singapore 150167