SHP is an established Family Medicine (FM) Training Center certified by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education International (ACGME-I) since 2010. Patients with chronic diseases including those with metabolic and vascular diseases are the foci of healthcare services and disease management in SHP.
Research in SHP is pivotal to evaluate its mission to provide better, safer and affordable care to the patients it serves and to explore new models of care and technology to advance the frontier of Family Medicine.
The research journey in SHP was boosted with the formation of the Research Department in 2012 headed by Dr Tan Ngiap Chuan. Much progress has been made through the years, achieving numerous awards at both regional and international conferences as well as publishing scientific papers in high-impact journals by medical, nursing, pharmacy and allied health staff in primary care.
The Research Department provides the following:
- • establish links and forge partnerships with academic institutions and industry partners for research collaborations
- • research grant applications and budget planning
- • application submission to ethics board for review
- • administration of seed funding to support pilot/small scale research studies
- • conduct research consultation and biostatistical consultation clinics with researchers
- • management of research data and databases, publications and grants
- • organise in-house training including basic research and qualitative research workshops
- • research internship opportunities
Download a copy of our research brochure.
SingHealth Polyclinics - Department of Research
167 Jalan Bukit Merah, Connection One, Tower 5, #15-10 Singapore 150167