Personal Data Protection Act
We Respect and keep Your Data Safe
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably to serve you. We, as a public healthcare institution, respect and keep your data safe by:
• limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and to the supporting internal processes
• conducting regular checks to ensure that your personal data is only accessed by authorised persons, and
• removing details, as far as possible, that identify you when using your data for internal purposes.
Serving You as a Public Healthcare Institution
When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we will share relevant data with them through trusted information systems like the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system. We may use your personal data to invite you to participate in suitable care programmes, or shortlist you for participation in relevant research studies.
As a public healthcare institution, we share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
• review healthcare policies and requirements,
• review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
• conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and
• train future generations of healthcare professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act.
To ensure the continual improvement of the quality of the medical care being provided to you by the SingHealth cluster, your personal data collected by us may, from time to time and where relevant, be used and disclosed within the SingHealth cluster so that we can conduct quality assurance and service improvement audits and studies.